IMPORTANT NOTICE: CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 READINESS
As news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we at Farm Credit of Southern Colorado are doing everything we can to prepare for a wide range of possible scenarios. The health and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and community is our highest priority.
We’re monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies. These agencies provide guidance on any extra precautions to take. In the case of any widespread illness, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is well prepared to implement plans to manage the needs of our customers and employees.
While we are actively monitoring the situation, we are pleased to announce that our offices are now open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Our staff are standing by to help you with all of your needs.
To adhere to health and safety guidelines, we have made some changes to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
– Appointments are no longer required, but are encouraged.
– Per the state mandate, we kindly ask that you wear a mask when inside the building.
– We will have masks available for all customers.
– We will have hand sanitizer readily available throughout each of our locations.
We also offer additional means to do business with us for your ease and convenience.
You may want to consider these additional options available to you:
- Sign up for Online Banking: to be able to transfer funds or make a payment.
- Mail payments to Farm Credit of Southern Colorado.
- We also offer remote deposit capabilities.
- Sign loan documents remotely: We can send documents to you via Federal Express. Please let your Loan Officer know your preference.
- Request a Wire Transfer: We have the ability to offer incoming and outgoing wire transfers. Please contact your local office by phone or email for details.
For the latest information about COVID-19, visit the CDC’s resource center. For more information regarding the mask mandate, please visit the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s website. Please know we have devoted substantial resources and energy to help mitigate against possible adverse impacts from the coronavirus, and we will continue working hard to provide the level of service you have come to expect.
As always, our customers, our communities and our employees are our top priority.