IMPORTANT NOTICE: CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 READINESS
As news about the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we at Farm Credit of Southern Colorado are doing everything we can to prepare for a wide range of possible scenarios. The health and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and community is our highest priority.
We’re monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies. These agencies provide guidance on any extra precautions to take. In the case of any widespread illness, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is well prepared to implement plans to manage the needs of our customers and employees.
We are closely monitoring this situation and recommend you call ahead to your local office before arriving. At this time, the Burlington, Colorado Springs, La Junta, Lamar & Limon Farm Credit of Southern Colorado offices are operating by appointment only. Please contact your loan officer to schedule an appointment. Our Monte Vista office is currently open, however to ensure compliance with the state mandate, we are requiring all visitors to our locations to wear masks. If you don’t have a mask available, we will provide one for you. We offer additional means to do business with us for your ease and convenience.
You may want to consider these additional options available to you:
- Sign up for Online Banking: to be able to transfer funds or make a payment.
- Mail payments to Farm Credit of Southern Colorado.
- We also offer remote deposit capabilities.
- Sign loan documents remotely: We can send documents to you via Federal Express. Please let your Loan Officer know your preference.
- Request a Wire Transfer: We have the ability to offer incoming and outgoing wire transfers. Please contact your local office by phone or email for details.
- We are now accepting applications for the Paycheck Protection Program.
For the latest information about COVID-19, visit the CDC’s resource center. For more information regarding the mask mandate, please visit the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s website. Please know we have devoted substantial resources and energy to help mitigate against possible adverse impacts from the coronavirus, and we will continue working hard to provide the level of service you have come to expect.
As always, our customers, our communities and our employees are our top priority.