Our Open Positions
These are our open career positions. Don’t see one that fits what you’re looking for?
Send us a message and tell us why you’d be a good fit on our team.
Executive Assistant Position Posting
Colorado Springs Office – Executive Assistant Position Posting
DATE POSTED: October 28, 2022
POSITION: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
Farm Credit of Southern Colorado (FCSC) is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and office support to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
Today, the Farm Credit System is one of the strongest, most financially sound lending institutions in the U.S. Its 67 institutions serve our country’s farmers and ranchers, rural America and agribusiness.
As one of the Farm Credit System’s associations, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is a robust organization serving 1,300 member / owners in 31 counties throughout Southern Colorado. Over $1 billion in assets, Farm Credit of Southern Colorado’s approximately 80 staff members bring strength to its shareholders and communities.
Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is a member-owned cooperative that provides a wide range of financial products and risk management services for agricultural producers, agribusinesses, and farmland and rural homeowners. FCSC strives to provide a culture and environment that values fun, integrity, respect, service and trust.
The Executive Assistant provides a wide range of administrative and office support to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include coordinating and communicating meetings, schedules, and accommodations for Board or Association related events. The Executive Assistant also plans and coordinates Association special events and is assigned special projects by the Administrative team. Provides in-person coverage as needed for the front office area of the Colorado Springs office. Assists in establishing a positive culture.
Executive Leadership Support
- Coordinates schedules, meetings and travel accommodations for the CEO and Executive Leadership team as needed.
- Working with local vendors, coordinates accommodations for association guests, employment candidates and employee visits as needed.
- Works on departmental projects as assigned by leadership, including annual reporting, audit requests, , inventory, etc.
Board of Directors Support
- Assists Board Secretary and Executive Leadership in coordinating Board and Committee meeting schedules and meeting material.
- Utilizes Board Meeting software to assist in the preparation of Board and Committee meetings.
- Assists in preparation and communication of quarterly Board meetings by gathering and compiling information in a timely manner.
- Communicates and schedules social events and trainings.
- Assists in annual whistleblower testing.
- Helps to facilitate the annual Board and Committee self-evaluations and independence reviews.
- Assists Board Secretary with annual Director Elections
- Follows requirements of Farm Credit Administration regulations and association by-laws, policies, and procedures, as directed by the Association’s General Counsel.
- Maintains and tracks the employee credit card program through the Concur application.
- Event Planning – Works with CEO and Executive Leadership in planning, budgeting, coordinating, scheduling, and communicating all employee events, ensuring that vendor management has been completed and approved in accordance to association policies including Employee Christmas Party, Employee Retreat, employee meals, community service opportunities, employee event planning, and other Culture Club activities as requested.
- Works with Executive Leadership and Marketing on determining and ordering Christmas Gifts for employees and business colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in business or finance
- 5 years of related experience in administrative support or office management
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Teams.
- Skill in understanding and utilizing other types of software and technology to increase efficiency.
- Expert customer service skills, including the ability to communicate complicated information, deliver bad news effectively, and exceed customer expectations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, practices and methods.
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency.
- Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Skill in interacting diplomatically with a team or group of various backgrounds in a high volume, contact setting.
- Skill in differentiating significant and insignificant details.
- Skill in balancing logic and intuition to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
- Skill in having a sense of what is considerate and courteous when working with others.
- Skill in managing own emotions and understanding and managing the emotional reactions of others.
- Skill in planning and coordinating the various aspects of a meeting or event.
- Skill in interacting and working effectively with others.
- Skill in capturing and documenting minutes and notes.
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences.
- Skill in behaving in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
Farm Credit of Southern Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace and offers a great work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The following information is disclosed in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Similar positions applied for outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
Salary Range: $55,000- $68,000
This range is a good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this posting. Actual salaries could vary and may be above or below the range as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2. Variation is based on various factors including but not limited to location, qualifications, experience, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. In addition, benefits for this position include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, tax advantage accounts, paid vacation, sick leave and parental leave.
FINAL DATE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: SCHumanResources@aglending.com
Looking for an internship opportunity?
Our Purpose. Our Pride.
Your red carpet moment.
We hire superstars. Why not celebrate like it?
When you walk in on your first day, you’ll be greeted by a red carpet, your new employees and friends surrounding you, and thunderous applause.
Our Hiring Process
We look for passionate, talented, motivated, and kind people.
We have a commitment to ensure that our customers always come first. As a cooperative, we believe in doing everything we can to make sure our members find success. While lending and providing financing is at the core of what we do every day, to us, it’s more than that. We fight for our partners, we strive to help them in the good times and the bad, and we passionately work towards progressing the future of agriculture and rural America.
We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. While many positions require an agriculture background, we have talented employees in many different departments.
From marketing to training & development, to IT and compliance, we have it all. We believe in hiring the right people and getting out of their way for them to shine and be successful. Don’t see a job opening that you’re passionate about? Still want to be on our team? Send us a message below and tell us how you could fit in our association and help us be successful.
3. Review Process
Once we receive your application, there are many things that are going to happen.
We make sure that every employee we hire is not only a good fit for our company but that we are a good fit for them, too. We put all finalists for positions through screenings, personality tests, phone interviews and more, before we have an in-person interview. We take all factors into consideration, from resume/CV, and cover letter, to how you score on these screening tests.
We pick the best and the brightest to work at FCSC.
Our employees are a cut above. To join our family and progress your career, just be yourself. If you have the talent, the character, the values and the experience we are looking for, sit back and relax. We want to spend time getting to know you.
How to nail your interview:
Dress to Impress
While we work in agriculture, we hold a business casual dress code at our company. Remember it is suggested to dress one pay grade higher than the job you are going for.
If you are in an in-person interview, be yourself! We are trying to get to know you better, hear more about your experience, and see if you’d fit in with our employees. It’s okay if the answer to a question is ‘no’. We care more about your character and your experience than you being the perfect fit!
Nothing ruins an interview more than a cell phone, a water bottle, or your own refreshments at the table. Be present. Have no fear, the water and coffee will appear! Beyond setting distractions aside, ask thoughtful questions. Be aware of who we are and what our mission is. (Hint: go check out our About page). Having done some research on our company and our mission and being actively engaged in a conversation will set you up for great success. Remember, a follow-up note after the interview sets you apart from the rest.
Join over 70 employees excelling in agriculture and financing.
Become part of Farm Credit of Southern Colorado to further your career.
Your partner in agriculture throughout Southern Colorado
See all the AG lending services we provide here at Farm Credit of Southern Colorado.